Shocker HD Movie Download
(Visited 122 times, 1 visits today)
Year : 1989
IMDB Rating: 6
Director: Wes Craven
Top Billing Cast: Boris Karloff as The Monster Brent Spiner as Talkshow Guest Heather Langenkamp as Victim Peter Berg as Jonathan Parker
About: Horace Pinker is a TV repairman who is on a killing spree in a small town, targeting anyone in his path. He brutally murders the family of Lt. Parker, the investigator assigned to his case. However, Parker's surviving son, Jonathan, has a mysterious link to Pinker through his dreams. Jonathan guides his father to Pinker's business, leading to a confrontation with a group of officers. In a desperate bid to escape, Pinker murders several officers and sets his sights on Jonathan's girlfriend, Alison. Despite being incarcerated, Pinker continues to commit murders by possessing the bodies of others. Jonathan must devise a plan to bring Pinker back to the real world and sever his connection to his power source. Finally, they succeed in trapping Pinker and cutting off his power.Download Shocker movie in :
- According to Wes Craven, the film was severely cut for an R-rating. It took around 13 submissions to the MPAA to receive an R instead of an X rating. Some of the scenes that were cut include: Pinker spitting out fingers that he bit off from a prison guard, a longer and more graphic electrocution of Pinker, and a longer scene of a possessed coach stabbing his own hand.
- Originally envisioned as a series, in the vein of Wes Craven's "A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)," but after the lukewarm box-office reception, the idea was dropped.
- When shooting the scene where Jonathan wades into the lake, Peter Berg suffered from hypothermia due to the extreme cold temperatures.
- Wes Craven allegedly conceived the story, as well as the character of Horace Pinker, as a response to the diminishing quality of the sequels to A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984). Craven had a hand in writing and producing A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors (1987), which he saw as his way of finishing that series.
- The body of a male road worker with long black hair that Horace takes over is the former guitarist for Alice Cooper, Kane Roberts.
- Mitch Pileggi appeared in character as Horace Pinker to promote the film on a special Halloween episode of MTV's Headbangers Ball (1987).
- Filmed in ten weeks and on a low budget. Wes Craven said that this was achieved by having a small crew and little-known actors.
- Alive Films took the rights to the film when fellow horror director and friend John Carpenter bowed out of his four-film deal with the production company after making They Live (1988), offering the remaining slots in his contract to Wes Craven. As a result, Craven's next two projects, Shocker and The People Under the Stairs (1991) were financed by Alive.
- According to an article in "Fangoria" magazine, Wes Craven first pitched the concept as a television series to Fox. Craven later crossed over to TV with the short-lived NBC series Nightmare Cafe (1992).