Witness to Murder HD Movie Download
(Visited 127 times, 1 visits today)
Witness To Murder
Year : 1954
IMDB Rating: 7
Director: Roy Rowland
Top Billing Cast: Barbara Stanwyck as Cheryl Draper George Sanders as Albert Richter Claude Akins as Police Officer Gary Merrill as Lawrence Mathews
About: Cheryl Draper (Barbara Stanwyck) sees a murder through her bedroom window, but no one will believe her. She is stalked by the suave killer ('George Sanders'), who first takes steps to convince police she is crazy, but she has ally in a sympathetic policeman (Gary Merrill).Download Witness To Murder movie in :
Witness To Murder Trivia
- Just a few months before its release, Rear Window (1954) came out with a similar plot to the film.
- The W&J Sloan Company in Beverly Hills, where Cheryl worked, was a real furniture and interior decorating firm that was founded in New York City in 1843. However, it went bankrupt in 1985. Interestingly, the company supplied set decorations and furnishings for the film, as noted in the end credits.
- Cheryl's unique sports car is a 1953 Hillman Minx Mark VI convertible coupe, which had an original MSRP of $1,899 (equivalent to about $18,300 in 2017). In excellent condition, it could fetch around $15,000 at auction. However, it is not very popular due to its small 77 cubic inch (1.3L) engine that produces only 38 hp. Despite this, the car was known for its high gas mileage and not its 68 mph top speed or its 36 seconds to go from 0-60 mph. It is worth noting that the Mark VI was only made in the 1953 model year.
- Around 1:10 into the film, Cheryl drives by the brightly lit facade of the Four Star Theatre on Wilshire Blvd. which was showing Julius Caesar (1953), starring Marlon Brando, during its exclusive Los Angeles premiere engagement.
- Although Barbara Stanwyck's character is an interior designer, she does not offer to help her neighbor with his torn curtain.