The Big Picture HD Movie Download
(Visited 226 times, 1 visits today)
The Big Picture
Year : 1989
IMDB Rating: 6
Director: Christopher Guest
Top Billing Cast: Jennifer Jason Leigh as Lydia Johnson Kevin Bacon as Nick Chapman Teri Hatcher as Gretchen Fran Drescher as Polo Habel
About: After graduating from film school, Nick Chapman's short film receives a special award, granting him the chance to pursue his lifelong dream of making a film. Hollywood executive, Allen Habel, takes interest in his work, and Nick's profile begins to rise. However, the lure of Hollywood slowly engulfs Nick, causing him to make concession after concession until his original vision for the movie is completely lost. In the process, he alienates his girlfriend Susan and his old friend Emmet. Will Nick realize the error of his ways before it's too late and he loses everything he holds dear?Download The Big Picture movie in :
The Big Picture Trivia
- Jerry Maren, one of the last surviving Munchkins from The Wizard of Oz (1939), walks out of the Los Angeles movie theater ahead of Nick, smoking a short cigar.
- The Pez People in the movie were portrayed by actors, and "The Whites of their Eyes" song was written and performed by Michael McKean, the film's writer, and Christopher Guest, its writer and director.
- The crew rented Wink Martindale's house for three days to film a party scene, not knowing that Charles Bronson had just bought a house across the street. During that time, they accidentally killed Bronson's cat, a story recounted by Location Manager Barry Gremillion in the book "I Killed Charles Bronson's Cat," as well as by Guest and Bacon in the DVD commentary.
- "The Big Picture" was Teri Hatcher's first movie, as well as Beth Chamberlin's.
- Eddie Albert's last acting role in a cinema film was in "The Big Picture."
- The song "Midnight at the Oasis" played musak-style in the background when Nick (Bacon) first meets Gretchen (Hatcher) is also used in Christopher Guest's film "Waiting for Guffman" (1996).
- Fran Drescher, who played Bobbi Fleckman in "This Is Spinal Tap" (1984), portrays Alan's wife, introduced by his secretary when Nick first meets him.
- The line, "...regrettably killed while filming," in Dan Schneider's dialogue during the student awards dinner after the segment from "Crossed Sabres of Truth" is shown, is uncomfortable, given that Jennifer Jason Leigh's father, Vic Morrow, was killed during the filming of "Twilight Zone: The Movie" (1983). Ms. Leigh appears in the film as Lydia.
- "Tess" and "Hardly Working," which were both ten years old at the time, were the two films showing at the Vista theater when Nick and Lydia reunite. "Tess" is a critically acclaimed period drama directed by Roman Polanski, while "Hardly Working" is a comedy comeback attempt by Jerry Lewis.